Working With Children
We have photographed a lot of youngsters over the years and we like to think that we do it rather well.
One of the things our photographers have learned is how to make youngsters feel relaxed.
Every age is different and every youngster is different. Some will come bursting in looking forward to seeing you are organized for anything. Others might be a little more retiring and need some coaxing.
We will meet them at their level, chatting with them about what they like, what they have been doing and general getting them comfortable.
If it means playing about and acting the idiot we can do that. If it means taking everything a little slower and quieter then we can do that too.
For the first element of the session we will typically be photographing you and the kids together. This helps them feel okay and understand the process. They still have their Mum or Dad for moral support.
Pretty soon they will be happy and chilled and up for the whole photoshoot.
We know it’s working because so many youngsters remember us when they come back for their next shoot.
For more information on our shoots please see the link here: info here
Give the gift of yourself for Valentines
Explore your naughty side with a Boudoir photoshoot, Want something fun but naughty?
Exciting, glamorous and happy boudoir images for you and your partner to enjoy.
With our boudoir photoshoot to include makeup and hair styling, you can have a terrific up to date, glamorous look.
Images for you, your wall, or something private for your partner.
You will have a makeover and hair styling in a modern approach for that fantastic and glamorous ever lasting look.
You choose how saucy you want your photographs to be, we’ll apply full airbrushing and retouching your shoot.
At your chilled viewing session you will be able to choose your complimentary A4 print and any additional prints, albums or digital images you want.
For more options on our Boudoir service please see here: http://www.tmphotography.co.uk/boudoir
You want to appear your best on your Fashion Shoot. You understand that the images will be seen by all your friends and family for many years. So we’ve collected some advice for you on beauty, fashion and photography.
1) Think about your hairstyle in advance. For our make-over photoshoots we normally suggest straight or curly for long hair but this always depends on the look you wish to achieve . You will have one of our in-house make-up and hair stylists do this for you, but it is fine to have an idea about what works for you.
2) Don’t do anything major immediately before the shoot. No extreme hair cuts or hair colouring. You don’t want to be in the position where you don’t like your new look.
3) Please no fake tans two weeks before your shoot. Fake tans need a long time to settle in. Recent fake tans do not come across very well in photographs.
4) You should avoid big or whacky accessories. They will tend to detract from you in the photographs. Simple but sophisticated accessories work much better.
5) Don’t forget the details, make certain your nails, locks and skin are all cared for. Drink plenty of water for the few days beforehand. Have a manicure close to the day. Don’t pick at spots, we will re-touch them away for you.
6) Make up works very differently in pictures compared to in real life. You will be treated by a professional make-up artist. She will make sure you appear your finest.
7) Have fun.
8) Everyone is different so wear outfits that reflect your personality. If you are sassy wear sexy outfits, if you are not sassy you can wear sophisticated dresses or urban looks etc.
9) Studio or location photography is a big decision depending on the look you wish to achieve. One of these images was taken in studio and the other on location, can you guess which ?
10) Seasonal changes also have to be a big part of the decision when to shoot, if you are after a lovely warm summer look with a flowing white dress in a field of blooming flowers you will not obviously get this in the winter, so think ahead.
1) Get In Close – it’s the faces you’re interested in, not the shoes. Fill the frame with the face or faces.
2) Keep it natural – don’t over-pose pictures – natural pictures are often the best ones. Keep your camera ready and take peoples pictures when they’ are not looking. This is especially true for children.
3) Get down with the kids: while your children are playing with the Christmas presents you want to be down on your knees or tummy photographing from their height.
4) If you are posing to be in a photo – guys face square forward and look big. Girls should turn slightly sideways and kick the hip out for a more feminine shape.
5) If you’re a couple, girls should rest their head on the fella’s shoulder for a nice relaxed, but loving and joined portrait.
6) If you’re shooting one person, then put them off-center in the frame rather than bang in the middle – it makes a more interesting picture.
7) If you’re shooting a couple make sure your camera is not focusing down the gap in the middle of them – leaving you with an out of focus picture.
8) If you’re shooting three or more people, try and arrange the heads into a triangle, or a circle if there’s lots of people – this makes a much stronger composition.
9) Lots of Christmas pictures are taken at parties – but try and keep the drinks out of shot – they look messy and ruin many a good photo.
11) If you have to use flash – see if your camera has a “night” mode – this will make sure your subject is properly lit, but will also show the background well too.
12) Backgrounds are interesting too – and let you remember where you were when the picture was taken.
13) If you’ve got an add-on flash unit that fits to the top of your camera – tip it towards the ceiling to “bounce” of the ceiling – it’s a much nicer light and also stops red-eye
14) See if you can find a plain wall as a background, doesn’t matter what color – but if you get a choice blue works best for faces. Look out for fire signs, plant pots, etc. Don’t stand the subject right against the wall though – the more space between your subject and the background the better.
15) Take a second picture straight after the first – often the moment when people relax after they think the picture has been taken is the best one.
Our professional, state of the art, specifically designed system can produce instant passport and visa photographs for most counties who require different sizes to the UK. If you would like to check if we can accommodate your requirements please e.mail email@example.com however we are pretty confident we can.
Due to the nature of the studio workflow it is not always necessary to make an appointment however it would be advisable to avoid disappointment. You can enquire via e.mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01376 330322 or mobile 07931 755252. We look forward to seeing you in studio soon.
If only all children would do as they are told. Not all children can sit still and pose. Here at TM Photography we don’t think that Active Children are a problem.
In fact most of the time we find parents can often prefer the images of the little tear-aways playing and having fun. Those candid moments when they are relaxed and enjoying themselves are often the ones that really capture their personality and create wonderful and lasting memories.
So, don’t worry if you think your child won’t have the patience, we do! We’ll take the time to set them up to enjoy themselves. You will have pictures of your children as they are and as you will remember them.
The beauty of this type of photography is that by gaining some true and characterful images you are also capturing this time in their development, does it matter if this is, shyness, mischievousness, cuteness, or grumpiness. Active children are often unique and so are their expressions, let us capture them here for you in our Essex Photography Studio
P.S. Bring toys!
"The photoshoot party was the best party ever. I'm the luckiest 10 year old ever. Thank you xx
"Me and my friends had the best party ever! We all enjoyed the posing and had a great laugh. Mum and dad loved all the photos too"
"We had an amazing time, thank you sooooo much."
"Best party EVER!"
Just wanted to say a MASSIVE Thank-You for Matilda's Birthday photo shoot yesterday, all the girls had a wonderful time & were buzzing all evening a real girlie treat!!
Cant wait to see the photo's.
We were so impressed with Tony Meehan's Photography, not only were the photos fantastic but Tony was a pleasure to be with during such a personal time as our wedding, and made us feel very comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised at picking the perfect person for the job at such a reasonable price too. We can look back at the photos of the best day of our lives with pride after such professional work from Lime - we can't thank you enough. Nicola & Christopher
Hi Tony, WOW! The photos are absolutely amazing. I knew they would be good but seriously I was shocked by how great they are. You captured the moments so well and I am so thankful for it. Thank you so much. Absolutely love them and had really hard time choosing my favourites. Hatice & Tim
Many thanks - pics are fantastic, really pleased with them! Karen & Martin
We received the preview album and the photos are wonderful- Tony did a really great job! Louise & Etienne
Hi Tony, Thank-you so much for our beautiful preview album, we are absolutely 'over the moon' with the pictures, which are stunning. Diane & Paul